Spicy Grilled Chicken with Roasted Salsa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion quartered
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch strips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 8 cloves garlic, tomatoes, onion and sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until vegetables are golden.
- Let cool and place in a large blender or food processor. Add red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil and pulse 1 minute until combined.
- In a large bowl, add juice of lemon, cumin, thyme, red pepper flakes, 2 cloves garlic (chopped), 1 tablespoon olive oil and chicken.
- On an indoor grill, over medium high heat grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with roasted salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure red wine vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 381 Calories; 10g Fat; 62g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 154mg Cholesterol; 179mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!