Spicy Coleslaw and Steak Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound chopped steak
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the steak and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until steak is cooked to desired level of doneness. In a large bowl, mix the next 6 ingredients (cabbage through pecans).
- In a blender, blend the remaining ingredients (greek yogurt through garlic powder) until smooth.
- Top the salad with the steak and pour the dressing over the top. Mix well and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries. (Peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.) GLUTEN FREE: Make sure liquid stevia is gluten free. NUTRITION: 450 Calories; 33g Fat; 21g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 91mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!