Shrimp and Avocado Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound shrimp deveined and shelled
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large chili pepper minced
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 8 lime wedges
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the next 5 ingredients (shrimp through shallots) and cook for 10 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- To the shrimp mixture, add the next 4 ingredients (cumin through tomato paste) and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Scoop shrimp mixture into romaine lettuce leaves. Top with cilantro and avocado and serve with a lime wedge.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced cucumbers. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure diced tomatoes and tomato paste are gluten free. NUTRITION: 309 Calories; 15g Fat; 27g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 237mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!