Sesame Turkey and Kale Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add turkey, onion and garlic, breaking up ground turkey with a spoon; cook for 10 minutes or until turkey has browned.
- To the skillet, add next 7 ingredients (coconut aminos through salt and pepper). Cook for15 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Turn off heat and add lime juice. Stir and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork. Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. NUTRITION: 268 Calories; 15g Fat; 23g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 162mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!