Rosemary Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and crushed with the side of a knife
- 3 tablespoons red wine or low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 large re-sealable bag
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients (oil through salt). Place the flank steaks and rosemary in a large, re-sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over it making sure the entire steak is covered. Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning the bag several times.
- When ready to cook, wipe the steak dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the steak and let it cook, undisturbed for 4 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn the steak and let cook another 4 minutes. For medium rare, the meat thermometer should register 135° or be slightly firm to the touch.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices, being sure to cut against the grain.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of Mixed Baby Greens tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette In a large bowl, toss together mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch each of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well. NUTRITION: 458 Calories; 35g Fat; 34g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 179mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!