Rosemary Apple Chicken Kabobs
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 cups halved mushrooms
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 2 large apples cored and sliced into wedges
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or preheat grill to medium heat. In a large bowl mix the first 4 ingredients (chicken through apples).
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (salt and pepper through rosemary). Pour the mixture over the chicken mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Thread skewers, alternating each ingredient evenly.
- Place skewers in a baking dish or place directly on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 277 Calories; 6g Fat; 41g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 114mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 ½ Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; ½ Fruit; ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!