Roasted Mushroom and Leek Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion diced
- 2 pounds mushrooms any variety
- 3 leeks chopped (only the white and light green parts)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup white wine or low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup light cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, add first 6 ingredients (olive oil through salt and pepper) and roast for 45 minutes. Stir once during the cooking time.
- In a large blender or food processor add vegetables, wine and broth and pulse 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- In a large pot over medium heat, simmer soup with cream 3 to 4 minutes until warmed.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing) VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure white wine and vegetable broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: 220 Calories; 9g Fat; 12g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 368mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!