Portobello Guacamole Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- 1 large avocado peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through thyme). Form beef mixture into 4 patties.
- Brush mushroom caps with olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place burgers and mushrooms on the grill. Close lid and cook burgers for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until beef reaches preferred doneness. Cook mushrooms for 2 to 5 minutes on each side, until tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix the avocado with the cilantro and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Layer, 1 mushroom cap, spinach, burger, onion, guacamole and second mushroom cap. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 409 Calories; 32g Fat; 23g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 103mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!