Pork Stir Fry with Vegetables
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons white wine or apple cider
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups snow peas
- In a medium bowl, add pork, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons white wine and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons white wine and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir sauce to combine.
- In a large wok or skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat and saute pork for 2 to 3 minutes per side until cooked through. Place on a platter.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet and saute garlic and onions over medium heat 2 minutes, add bell peppers, snow peas and sauce and saute 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are fork tender. Add pork and saute 1 minute until warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of pork tenderloin. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce, white wine (or apple cider), hoisin sauce and rice vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 319 Calories; 12g Fat; 34g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 608mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!