Pork Sausage with Lemon Roasted Vegetables
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts halves
- 2 small red onions peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 medium lemon juice and zest
- 4 tablespoons ghee melted (or use coconut oil)
- 1 pound pork sausage links
- 2 medium avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large roasting pan, toss together first 4 ingredients (cauliflower through garlic). Sprinkle with seasonings (thyme through lemon pepper) then toss mixture with the lemon juice, zest and melted ghee (or coconut oil). Roast for 15 to 20 minutes then remove from the oven and toss.
- Lay the sausage links over the top of the roasted vegetables then bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and vegetables are fork-tender. Top with avocado and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (1/2 head cauliflower, 1/2 tablespoon butter, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste: Directions: Steam cauliflower until tender. In a large bowl, add steamed cauliflower, butter, salt and pepper. Mash together until resembling mashed potatoes.) + Steamed broccoli.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!