Pork and Kale Soup
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large ribs celery chopped
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the first 4 ingredients (sausage through celery). Stir and cook for 5 minutes, until sausage is slightly brown. To the sausage mixture, add the next 4 ingredients (kale through salt and pepper) and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, until pork is cooked through. Sprinkle soup with parsley and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Chopped Baby Bok Choy/Steamed Baby Carrots and Snow Peas (Finely chop baby bok choy. Steam baby carrots till tender; add snow peas and continue to steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until snow peas are tender-crisp.) NUTRITION: 459 Calories; 35g Fat; 22g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 39mg Cholesterol; 956mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!