Paprika Pork Stew
- 1 pound pork loin cubed
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup full fat sour cream
- In a large bowl, mix the pork, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the pork and the next 5 ingredients (mushrooms through sage). Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- To the pork mixture, add the remaining ingredients (diced tomatoes through sour cream) and stir. Cook for 5 minutes, until stew is hot. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure diced tomatoes and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: 276 Calories; 16g Fat; 19g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 127mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!