Orange Cilantro Chicken Wraps
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large shallot
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- In a large re-sealable bag, place the first 6 ingredients (chicken through olive oil). Place bag in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- On large skewers, thread marinated chicken. Place the kabobs on the grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Layer the lettuce, carrots, cilantro chicken and sliced avocado and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky Stir-Fried Baby Spinach (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-oz) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 282 Calories; 12g Fat; 29g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 106mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!