- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 6 pita bread rounds warmed
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, ginger, garlic, chili powder, tumeric, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, juice of 1/2 lemon and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large baking dish, add chicken and bake for 15 to 17 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup yogurt, juice of 1/2 lemon, cilantro and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken in pita and top with yogurt sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries. (Peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder.) VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pitas are gluten free. NUTRITION: 464 Calories; 4g Fat; 77g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 177mg Cholesterol; 423mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 9 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!