Ham and Green Bean Quiche
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil. To the skillet, add the ham, onion and green beans. Cook for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (heavy cream through cheddar cheese).
- Oil a large baking dish with the remaining coconut oil. Pour the ham mixture into the baking dish and pour the egg mixture over the top. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the eggs are firm. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 423 Calories; 33g Fat; 23g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 357mg Cholesterol; 1107mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!