Grilled Skirt Steak with Garlic Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin or rice wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic 3 minutes, add mushrooms and saute 5 minutes. Add soy sauce, mirin and salt and pepper to taste and saute 3 to 5 minutes until mushrooms are golden.
- On an indoor grill, over medium high heat grill steak 3 to 5 minutes per side until steak is cooked through.
- Slice steak and serve with mushrooms.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetarian steak strips instead of skirt steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 344 Calories; 21g Fat; 31g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 415mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!