Grilled Chicken Strips with Lemon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 scallions chopped (only the light green and white parts)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch strips
- In a medium bowl, add soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, honey, sesame oil, scallions and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and mix well.
- Pour 1/4 of marinade over chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill, over medium high heat grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with remaining lemon soy sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and sesame oil are gluten free. NUTRITION: 298 Calories; 5g Fat; 54g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 950mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!