Ghee and Lemon Seared Tuna
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups frozen sliced bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (ghee through garlic) together. Rub the tuna steaks with the ghee mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, place the tuna steaks and cook for 5 minutes on both sides, until tuna reaches desired level of doneness.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (coconut oil through bell peppers) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour into a large baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and brown on the edges.
- Slice the tuna and serve with a side of the vegetables.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Complete meal all on it’s own! GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 313 Calories; 16g Fat; 30g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 61mg Cholesterol; 65mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!