- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound pancetta chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 28-oz. can plum tomatoes pureed in a blender
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound fettuccine cooked according to package directions (or any wide pasta)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute pancetta 5 minutes, add garlic, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, basil, and salt and pepper to taste and freshly chopped basil and simmer 15 minutes. Toss with pasta and top with cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetarian bacon instead of pancetta. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure plum tomatoes and pasta are gluten free. NUTRITION: 497 Calories; 12g Fat; 32g Protein; 63g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 2056mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!