Fajita Shrimp Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp; cook for 5 minutes or until they start to turn pink.
- Add next 5 ingredients (garlic through cumin); cook for 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink throughout and curled into a “c” shape. Stir in tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, layer lettuce, shrimp mixture, avocado and onion; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: 247 Calories; 12g Fat; 25g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 190mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!