Curry and Raisin Chicken Salad Wraps
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast cubed*
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- *Partially frozen chicken is easier to cube.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Allow chicken to cool, then shred into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken with next 8 ingredients (avocado through onion).
- Scoop a portion of chicken salad mixture onto each lettuce leaf; roll into wraps and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, radishes and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: 228 Calories; 14g Fat; 16g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 33mg Cholesterol; 42mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!