Cuban Pork Loin with Black Bean Relish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 limes juiced, divided
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 15-oz. can black beans
- 2 scallions thinly sliced (only the white and light green parts)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, garlic, juice of 1 lime, orange juice, cumin and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- In a large baking dish, add pork and marinade and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until pork is cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, add black beans, juice of 1 lime, scallions, lemon juice, sherry vinegar and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, and simmer over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes until warmed.
- Slice pork and top with black bean relish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of pork loin. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sherry vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 432 Calories; 11g Fat; 35g Protein; 50g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 47mg Cholesterol; 47mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!