Crispy White Fish with Apple Balsamic Salad
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 large firm fleshed white fish fillets fresh or frozen with skin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1 large apple cored and sliced
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat ghee. To the skillet place the fish, skin side down. Season the top of the fish with salt and pepper. Cook on skin side for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to medium and flip fish over. Cook for 5 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix the next 5 ingredients (vinegar through garlic) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix the lettuce, onion and apple. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Serve fish with a side of salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar and liquid stevia is gluten free. NUTRITION: 295 Calories; 15g Fat (45.7% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 100mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!