Creamy Tumeric Chicken
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon dried turmeric
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Into a blender place the onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric and blend until smooth. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix with coconut milk.
- In an ovenproof baking dish, arrange the chicken in a single layer. Pour the coconut milk/turmeric mixture over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised Kale (Remove ribs from greens. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Gradually add greens and cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; add 1 cup of water or broth and salt and pepper to taste; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.) NUTRITION: 256 Calories; 9g Fat; 34g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 100mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!