Creamy Beef and Shiitake Soup
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 large leeks chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 large stalk celery diced
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1 14-oz, can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add thyme, leeks and garlic; cook for 5 minutes. Add ground beef; cook for 10 minutes, chopping it up into small pieces with a spoon.
- Add remaining ingredients (mushrooms through cumin). Reduce heat, cover and simmer soup for 20 minutes or until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 498 Calories; 34g Fat; 36g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 156mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!