Coconut Lime Turkey Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 4 cups chopped kale
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the turkey, onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, until the turkey is brown.
- To the skillet, add the coconut aminos, kale and salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and kale is tender. Turn off heat and add the lime and coconut. Stir and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 275 Calories; 16g Fat; 23g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 144mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!