Coconut Garlic Beef Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds beef roast cubed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 14-oz. cans full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) & Faux-Tay-Toes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!