Citrus and Basil Chicken with Avocado
- 4 tablespoons ghee divided
- 1 medium lime juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves cubed
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower or prepared cauliflower rice
- 4 cups fresh greens
- 2 medium avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons melted ghee, lime juice and zest, garlic, cumin, basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to the bowl and toss well to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes each side until seared and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining ghee to the pan. Place the cauliflower in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes until tender, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken with fresh greens and avocado.
Serving Suggestion: N/A
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!