Cilantro Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (turkey through cilantro). Form meat mixture into 2 tablespoon sized balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the meatballs and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until brown.
- To the skillet, add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Reduce heat down to low and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure diced tomatoes and tomato paste are gluten free. NUTRITION: 238 Calories; 14g Fat; 22g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 120mg Cholesterol; 580mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!