Chipotle Flank Steak
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a large blender or food processor, add the first 8 ingredients (olive oil through chipotle chiles) and blend 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add 1/2 of the marinade and flank steak and marinate in the refigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill, over medium high heat grill steak 3 to 5 minutes per side until steak is cooked through.
- Slice steak and serve with remaining chipotle sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetarian steak strips instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure red wine vinegar and chipotle chiles are gluten free. NUTRITION: 397 Calories; 29g Fat; 30g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 122mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!