Chicken Scampi with Arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion white part only
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 14 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cut into large, thin, bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch arugula torn into large pieces
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion green part only
- 2 large zucchini
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, white part of green onion and lemon juice, stirring to combine.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until the meat is white and the juice runs clear.
- Stir the arugula and green onion into the chicken. Toss the chicken mixture with the Zucchini Pasta and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Zucchini Pasta instructions:
- Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Broccoli NUTRITION: 181 Calories; 8g Fat; 23g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 68mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!