Chicken Caesar Kale Salad
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cups kale chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper and coconut oil. Place the chicken in a large baking dish and place
- in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Allow chicken to cool, then shred using two forks.
- In a large bowl, mix the kale, chicken and almonds.
- In a blender, blend the remaining ingredients (lemon juice through greek yogurt) until smooth. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked eggplant. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure liquid stevia and red wine vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 179 Calories; 8g Fat; 18g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 87mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!