Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped*
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Place all ingredients in a large crock cooker; stir to blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
- *Leanne’s Note: Partially frozen chicken is easier to chop.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 367 Calories; 6g Fat; 34g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 508mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!