Chicken and Cauliflower
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken livers cubed (or boneless skinless chicken thighs)
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky Stir-Fried Baby Spinach (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-oz) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 298 Calories; 7g Fat; 39g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 747mg Cholesterol; 541mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!