Chicken and Cashew Stuffed Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 large leaves cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until the chicken is brown. To the chicken, add the next 5 ingredients (garlic through salt and pepper).
- In a large baking dish, place the cabbage leaves in a single layer. Spoon the chicken mixture into the leaves and fold the leaves shut. Place them seam side down in the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken broth, hoisin sauce and thyme. Pour the broth mixture over the cabbage and place in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes, until leaves are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce, chicken broth and hoisin sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 271 Calories; 13g Fat; 24g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 720mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; ½ Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!