- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 andouille sausages cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 28-oz. can plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 medium avocado peeled, pitted and cubed
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sear sausages 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- In a large slow cooker, add sausages and next 9 ingredients (onion through pepper) and cook on low for 7 hours 30 minutes, add shrimp and cook an additional 30 minutes. Top with avocado to serve.
Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste. Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!