Broccoli Pesto Linguine
- 1 pound broccoli cut off the tough stem ends
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine pasta cooked according to package directions
- In a medium pot, add broccoli and 1 cup water. Cook over medium high heat 5 to 7 minutes until broccoli is fork tender. Drain and chop broccoli.
- In a large food processor or blender, add broccoli, garlic, parsley, pine nuts, 1/2 cup cheese, red pepper flakes, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Pulse for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- Toss with warm pasta and top with remaining cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed cauliflower. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure linguine is gluten free. NUTRITION: 402 Calories; 12g Fat; 13g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 24mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!