Broccoli and Chicken Cheddar Soup
- 4 cups broccoli steamed or roasted
- 2 cloves garlic steamed or roasted
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- In a large blender, blend the first 4 ingredients until smooth.
- In a large crock cooker, place the remaining ingredients (chicken through celery) and the broccoli mixture and stir. Cook on LOW for 6 to 9 hours until chicken is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 314 Calories; 12g Fat; 31g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 312mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!