Beef and Leek Stuffed Cabbage in Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 large leaves cabbage
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- In a large bowl, combine first 9 ingredients (ground beef through tomato sauce).
- Lay cabbage leaves flat and scoop 3 to 4 tablespoons of meat mixture onto each leaf; roll up (envelope style) and place in a large crock cooker, seam sides down. Pour beef broth over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until stuffed cabbage rolls are fall-apart tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve cabbage rolls and sauce over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). Add steamed green beans on the side. NUTRITION: 370 Calories; 24g Fat; 25g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 473mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!