Beef and Brussels Sprouts Stew
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add Brussels sprouts; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add beef, onion and garlic; cook for 10 minutes or until beef is browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (broth through basil); cook for 15 minutes or until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). Add steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 414 Calories; 27g Fat; 28g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 135mg Sodium. Exchanges: ½ Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 3 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!