Basil Beef Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 2 cups asparagus spears chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons basil chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the beef, onion and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, until beef is browned. To the pot, add the remaining ingredients and stir. Cook for 15 minutes, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of Mixed Baby Greens tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch each of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well.) NUTRITION: 416 Calories; 27g Fat; 34g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!