- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled (fresh or frozen)
- 6 metal skewers
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, add first 6 ingredients (honey through salt and pepper) and stir to combine. Add shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto metal skewers. On an indoor grill, grill shrimp over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side until shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve with lemon slices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant cut into chunks instead of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 244 Calories; 10g Fat; 31g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 230mg Cholesterol; 238mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!