Bacon and Cauliflower Soup
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 large leek chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped parsnips
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- In a large pot over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from the pot.
- To the pot, add the next 6 ingredients (leek through parsnip) and cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- To the pot, add the next 4 ingredients (salt and pepper through thyme) and the bacon and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, until soup is hot. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 471 Calories; 31g Fat; 33g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 61mg Cholesterol; 1497mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non- Fat Milk; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!