Bacon and Broccoli Stir- Fry
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 large apple cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon; cook for 10 minutes or until brown and very crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Discard all but 1/2 tablespoon of bacon drippings from the skillet. Add onion, salt, pepper and broccoli; cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cooked bacon and remaining ingredients (thyme, apple and almonds); blend well. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 434 Calories; 33g Fat; 21g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 48mg Cholesterol; 923mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; ½ Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!