Artichoke Chicken Bake
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves chopped
- 2 14-oz. cans artichoke hearts in water Un-drained
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chopped chicken; cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until browned.
- In a large baking dish, arrange artichoke hearts; top with a layer of spinach then browned chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (tomatoes through salt and pepper); pour mixture over contents of baking dish. Cover with foil wrap and bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 279 Calories; 6g Fat; 34g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 12g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 283mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 5 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!