Zucchini Beef Stir Fry
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 small shallots minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 pound chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil over medium heat. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (garlic through beef). Cook for 10 minutes, until beef is brown and cooked through. Place beef mixture into a bowl.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil in the skillet over high heat. To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients (zucchini through lemon juice) and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. To the vegetables, add the beef and stir. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork. NUTRITION: 477 Calories; 37g Fat; 24g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!