Wasabi Lime Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast chopped*
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 6.5-oz. can whole black olives drained
- 2 large avocados pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped chicken; cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add next 4 ingredients (chili powder through chicken broth). Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, olives and avocados; add chicken mixture then toss again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (honey through olive oil); salt and pepper to taste then pour mixture over the salad; toss and serve.
- Leanne’s Note: *Partially frozen chicken is easier to chop.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of celery and carrot sticks, cucumber spears, and cherry tomatoes. NUTRITION: 392 Calories; 24g Fat; 31g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 603mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!