Turkey Taco Skillet
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen sliced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 large jalapeños minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey; cook for 10 minutes, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned.
- Add next 9 ingredients (garlic through lime zest); stir to combine then reduce skillet heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- To serve: Layer as follows in individual salad bowls: Lettuce, turkey mixture, salsa and sliced avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery, cucumber stick and cherry tomatoes. NUTRITION: 380 Calories; 25g Fat; 24g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 448mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!