Turkey, Cauliflower and Zucchini Bake
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups cubed zucchini
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- pinch fresh nutmeg
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened; transfer to a medium bowl and fold in the zucchini, cauliflower, coconut milk, chicken broth, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Stir in chopped turkey then transfer mixture to a slow cooker coated with coconut oil.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle top of casserole with parsley; cover and cook for about 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste. Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!