Turkey Burgers with Beets and Feta Cheese
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce cut in half widthwise
- 1 large beet shredded
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large lemon cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey, garlic and salt and pepper. Form ground turkey into 4 round patties. Heat grill to high heat and place turkey burgers on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- Layer; a lettuce leaf, turkey burger, beet and feta cheese. Squeeze lemon juice onto each burger and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced English cucumbers. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 218 Calories; 12g Fat; 22g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 273mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!